Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 4 Ends With 5K Road Race

GTD Team Encouraged to Run 5K

To help us prepare for the Boilermaker experience, the Go The Distance Team was encouraged to participate in the Commercial Travelers' National Distance Hall of Fame 5K Road Race.  This would only be my second 5K event, the first being the 2013 Falling Leaves Race.  I have been feeling pretty good about my training, although I know I am not running very quickly.

Lucky #7?
Having experience a 5K and having an idea of what to expect, I was not nervous pre-race.  However, I did not have high expectations.  I was hoping not to be the last runner to finish but, was mentally prepared for the likelihood.  Believe it or not, I was able to shave almost 6 minutes off my time from the Falling Leaves Race so, I guess I achieved a PR (personal record).  I also was able to meet another goal which was to finish my 5K run before any of the half marathon runners passed me - mission accomplished. ;)  

Besides being a little chilly at the start, it was a beautiful morning for a run.  As the sun managed to burn of the morning fog, it warmed up enough to be comfortable running.  Congratulations to all of the runners, especially my GTD Teammates!

No comments:

Post a Comment