Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week 10 and 10!


    I haven't written in a couple weeks because I have been busy. I have actually been busy running. I have the blisters to prove it, but even better I have some personal victories. 
    Three weeks ago we started running far enough to include Valley View Hill. The first time we ran it, I walked it. It was hot, it was horrible, I thought the thing was Everest. I thought I would be a VVH walker. The past 3 times I have conquered that beast. I'm nor sure if my pace on the hill is actually considered running, but I am getting my 42 year old body up that hill.  This was a huge personal victory for me. That hill seemed undoable just a few weeks ago. Heck, running the 3 miles to get there used to be questionable. 
    Last week we ran most of the BM course. It was hot and humid, and I thought for sure I would never finish. It took everything I had, but on June 25, my birthday, I made it from the start line to utica converters, the 8 mile mark. The worse of the course. On my 42nd birthday, I ran 8 miles. It's hard to believe. This is 5 miles farther than I have ever run and it took me 2 hours. My body was able to run for 2 hours. 
    This morning I achieved 2 new personal records, I ran my first mile in 10 min. I have never achieved this. It was mostly uphill and I wasn't even pushing. I'm not sure how I did this other than I am more in shape. My overall pace was 12.12 on 5.5 miles. My best pace to date. My calf was sore and I had to tape up my blisters but I had a good run. 
    Monday we do the entire course. I kind of don't want to because I want to save the specialness for the big day. I'm not going to think too deeply about it because in reality, it's huge. My best fitness accomplishment to date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment